Friday, July 20, 2012

Quilt Blocked

A quick look at some new blocks for the various online Quilting Bees & Swaps I'm currently taking part in.

Quilt Around The World II
As the Quilt Around The World Bee turns...This week I received Betz1234's block. Her theme is pastels in pink and green with white, with a request for an 8.5" unfinished block. Her starter block was in a log cabin style, so I decided to pull out the "Modern Log Cabin Quilting" book that I have and get started. I chose to modify the modern cross pattern and created the below block for Betz.

Pretty in Pastels.
Here is a look at her quilt in progress. Now it heads to my neighbor to the north, New York.
I can't wait to see this shabby chic style quilt when it's finished.

Quilting for a Cause
Marika from Live, Laugh, Love....Sew started a new group on Flickr called Quilting for a Cause. The purpose of this group is for people who are making quilts for those in need to post for help. Group members can then volunteer to contribute blocks. It's a great group to join because there is no real commitment. Pop in and out as you please and help when the mood strikes. The first quilt is designed for a woman who recently lost her grocery store after a big box moved into the area.

Marika asked for improv quilt blocks in aqua and gray with pops of yellow. I've never improv pieced before, but it was fun. I'm pretty pleased with my block and I hope this helps the woman and her family smile during this tough time.

I love the star.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Great looking blocks! The impov one is really cool =D