Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Little bit of this, little bit of that!

It's been rather busy around the Courtique lately...as we've adopted a Miniature Schnauzer named Nelson!

Hi, I'm Nelson.

However, I've managed to work some crafting in.

I tried my hand at a wonky star block for the first time...and it's definitely wonky. But I'm not sure if it's the right kind of wonky. Back to the cutting board for this one. (I haven't wanted to break the camera by taking a picture of it, but I'll woman up and post one later).

My mom asked me for a basket to give as a baby gift, and I upped the ante by creating a matching set of bibs, burp cloths, and wash cloths...however I forgot to take a picture before I gave it to her. Super cute polka dot and wild flower fabrics.

Finally, the owner of The Comic Crypt, the best local comic book shop in Monmouth County, NJ (View Askew, who?) asked me to whip up a few tote bags. Superhero, Horror, and Pin-Up themes, Oh my! This is what I've got so far:

Holy, Batgirl!

This fabric is super and I was asked to focus on Batgirl. The reverse side of the bag features a bit more of Wonder Woman and Supergirl in addition to Batgirl, and the interior is a print with their logos.

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's the ladies' logos!
Moving on from the super, I have a bit of sassy for you. If you aren't familiar with the Dr. Sketchy Anti-Art School movement, you should check it out. To simplify this movement, they are small events with super glamorous pin-up type models where artists can gather to draw these models and have a boozy good time. Think Moulin Rouge..but better! We have a local chapter here known as Dr. Sketchy Asbury. These bags are inspired by those events and the pin-ups:

Is that a pitchfork, or are you just glad to see me?
Next up are the horror totes....stay tuned!


2 comments:

Cherie said...

Wow you must really love making those totes! The fabric is always so interesting =D

Courtastic said...

Thanks so much! I do love making totes. I can't explain it, I love mixing the fabrics for a really unique bag.