Sunday, January 8, 2012

Princess Chic

Growing up my favorite Disney Princess was Aurora. Then I met Ariel and fell in love with her hair. And then I met Belle and fell in love with her yellow dress. However, I find it important to mention that at this time they were just Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, and Beauty.

The "Disney Princess" marketing push hadn't hit full steam and I'm not even sure my mom would have been able to purchase me a princess costume outside of Halloween.

Times have definitely changed, and while I may have some issues with the marketing push behind the Princess brand, I can't help but still want to be a part of their world!

Fortunately, I have clients with children who are just discovering the Princesses and I get to make them fantastic baskets for all their treasures.

My mom knows someone with the last name White who named their daughter Snow. True story.
If the ladies weren't fabulous enough, check out this lining material! Not only is it Chanel-esque, it has all the accessories a princess needs: tiaras, slippers, diamonds, and castles.

Books and teachers are located in the castle...so it's all good in the Queendom 
Additionally, growing up I had Tinkerbell, but that was pretty much it when it came to fairies. Unless you count FernGully, but that's kind of off topic. Great movie though, message is still relevant. Check it out. 

Today, however, there seems to be a whole Disney Fairies/Pixies movement. I never would have known if a basket had not been requested. Color me intrigued. Fairie/Pixie dust tends to do that...

Wonder what they think about the Rainforest?



No comments: