Monday, September 10, 2012

Welcome Home Doctor Whosters!

Pop quiz time! What do you get for the guy that really wants a Doctor Who themed item, but isn't sure about a tote bag or a basket?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?



The answer....fabric coasters aka Doctor Whosters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shout out to all the lady superheroes!
Aren't these great?! I know fabric coasters are not something new and you can find thousands of them over on Etsy, but these are my first attempt and I'm pretty proud.

I love that you can take ANY fabric out there and whip it into a perfect coaster that puts the "fun" in functional! 

These coasters are made with that fantastic T.A.R.D.I.S. print by the Unicorn and the Wasp and finished with cotton batting for absorption, and Kona Gray for style.

This is one of those times when it's hip to be square.
The recipient of these Whosters is pretty excited. I have more of this fabric so I put a listing up on Etsy. I think I'll take some of the scraps I have from the bags I made recently and do an "eclectic" Doctor Whosters set. *cough* shameless plug *cough*.

I can't wait to try this out in the I Love Lucy scrap squares that I have, as well as the other fabrics. Batman? Avengers? Wonder Woman? Oh My!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Such fun coasters! They are something every man needs! =D