Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dino-Mite!

It's time to dust off the "Yellow Brick Road" quilt pattern, because there is some fabric that is just begging to be cut up! Also, a friend asked me to make her awesome daughter her first crib quilt, so, you know..there is that too.

The theme is dinosaurs. Dad would like the dinosaurs to be more realistic, while mom is all for that..but also recognizes she doesn't want her daughter scared to go to sleep at night.

That's why I love reversible projects...everyone wins!

Roarin' good time!
I found a great bundle of Michael Miller prints on Etsy, including the "Land of the Lost" print. The colors are so fun and fresh and the design somewhat whimsical. Those fabrics will be used for the pattern, while the more realistic dinosaur print from Timeless Treasures will be bordered by the Riley Blake leaf print for the back. My thought is the green leaf print will brighten up the darker dino print, plus..I thought leaves were a nicer touch than raw meat. (Are you roaring with laughter?)

When it's all said and done, I'm expecting this to go over with a big bang...too soon?

No comments: